ul. Targ Węglowy 27,
This is an excellent example of late Gothic architecture, with Flemish traits. The building was constructed during the years 1487-94 as the home of the St. George’s Rifle Club. It hosted the meetings of the club’s members, often feasts and banquets, as well as fencing training. In later times, it was home to a fencing school, followed by the main town guardhouse and the Fine Arts School.
After the war, the Manor became the home of the Polish Architects’ Association, while the ground floor is occupied by a restaurant. The tower is crowned by a statue of St. George, which is a post-war copy of the original 16th Century sculpture. The original is located in the Gdańsk National Museum. The manor directly adjoins to the Renaissance Golden Gate and the opening of Długa Street, as well as fragments of the mediaeval defence walls, which used to host the shooting range. This is why the building is often referred to as the St. George’s Shooting Range. The St. George’s Rifle Club was among the most influential and wealthy merchant associations in the Gdańsk of old. This is evidenced by the fact that their first home was the Artus Manor near the Long Market.